WELCOME TO THE NORTHWOOD AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
• Fosters the self-worth of each child.
• Develops personal and interpersonal social skills, and promotes respect for cultural diversity.
• Provides help with homework, tutoring, and other learning activities.
• Provides time and space for quiet study.
• Provides new, developmentally-appropriate enrichment activities to add to students' learning at school, helps them develop thinking and problem-solving skills, and sparks their curiosity and love of learning.
• Provides recreational and physical activities to develop physical skills and constructively channel children's energy pent up after spending most of the day in a classroom.
• Encourages participation in group sports to provide lessons about cooperation and conflict resolution.
The program runs Monday through Thursday from 3:30-5:30 p.m. We also conduct various family days and family nights throughout the year. Call Northwood School and ask for Deb Martin for additional information.
|Contact: Deb Martin|